This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: As a new graduate nurse, which is the most important way to increase power in nursing? 1. Do ... (Read 24 times)

Davideckstein7

As a new graduate nurse, which is the most important way to increase power in nursing?

1. Do favors for those you work with.
  2. Volunteer to work late frequently.
  3. Assist others without being asked.
  4. Take care of only assigned responsibilities.

Question 2

An experienced ICU nurse manager is orienting a newly hired nurse manager to the organization. The ICU manager makes occasional notes in a small notebook. The new manager asks why the ICU manager is taking notes.

What are the most likely rationales for this behavior? Note: Credit will be given only if all correct choices and no incorrect choices are selected. Standard Text: Select all that apply. 1. It saves me time in the long run,
  2. Taking notes helps me to address issues immediately so they do not escalate.
  3. Although this looks time consuming, it is just how I learned to manage.
  4. It helps me to remember what to address in staff meetings.
  5. Having notes helps protect me when evaluations are written.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

elyse44

Answer to Question 1

Explanation: 1. Assisting others and acting like part of team is the fastest and most important way to gain
power in nursing. It is important new nurses do not let themselves get taken advantage of by
frequently working late and doing favors for others. In addition, it is also important for new
nurses to be aware of others and assist when possible to be a team player.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: Taking notes does save time for the manager when evaluations are written or if other issues come up on the unit.
Rationale 2: On a busy unit, the manager must rely on written notes as a reminder of issues that should be discussed with staff.
Rationale 3: Note taking is quick and this statement does not provide rationale for why notes are taken.
Rationale 4: Notes will help the manager remember what should be addressed in staff meetings.
Rationale 5: Having notes about the incidents cited in evaluations helps to protect the manager in case a staff member disputes the situation.
Global Rationale:

Davideckstein7

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
Wow, this really help

duy1981999

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

The shortest mature adult human of whom there is independent evidence was Gul Mohammed in India. In 1990, he was measured in New Delhi and stood 22.5 inches tall.

Did you know?

Patients who have been on total parenteral nutrition for more than a few days may need to have foods gradually reintroduced to give the digestive tract time to start working again.

Did you know?

Most childhood vaccines are 90–99% effective in preventing disease. Side effects are rarely serious.

Did you know?

A good example of polar molecules can be understood when trying to make a cake. If water and oil are required, they will not mix together. If you put them into a measuring cup, the oil will rise to the top while the water remains on the bottom.

Did you know?

Addicts to opiates often avoid treatment because they are afraid of withdrawal. Though unpleasant, with proper management, withdrawal is rarely fatal and passes relatively quickly.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library