This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: When teaching nursing preceptors about power, which statement indicates learning has been ... (Read 8 times)

silviawilliams41

When teaching nursing preceptors about power, which statement indicates learning has been successful?

1. I am only showing the student how to take care of patients so I have no need for power.
  2. I can use power to teach the student how to motivate, communicate, and achieve outcomes.
  3. I do not want to give the student the idea that nurses are all about who has the most power.
  4. I can use power to ensure other disciplines know I am the one who really does the work.

Question 2

The nurse is working on a committee tasked with making a major organizational change.

Which comments by the nurse would help to advance the work of this committee? Note: Credit will be given only if all correct choices and no incorrect choices are selected. Standard Text: Select all that apply. 1. I would like to focus on completing this process so we can move on.
  2. Have we looked at all available data in order to make an informed decision?
  3. What are the obstacles to implementing this change within the organization?
  4. Are we including the opinions of all stakeholders in this decision?
  5. I think it does not really matter when we institute this change, as long as it is over quickly.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

juicepod

Answer to Question 1

Explanation: 1. Nurses must use power to influence others. The other three options are not accurate statements
about power.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: Completing the process is not the major focus of the work.
Rationale 2: Those involved in change should be certain that sufficient data is present to make an informed decision.
Rationale 3: Persons working on this committee should be aware of obstacles they may face.
Rationale 4: It is important to consider the opinions of the organization's stakeholders.
Rationale 5: Getting the change instituted quickly is not the focus of committee work.
Global Rationale:

silviawilliams41

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

meow1234

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

People with alcoholism are at a much greater risk of malnutrition than are other people and usually exhibit low levels of most vitamins (especially folic acid). This is because alcohol often takes the place of 50% of their daily intake of calories, with little nutritional value contained in it.

Did you know?

The average office desk has 400 times more bacteria on it than a toilet.

Did you know?

More than 50% of American adults have oral herpes, which is commonly known as "cold sores" or "fever blisters." The herpes virus can be active on the skin surface without showing any signs or causing any symptoms.

Did you know?

The term bacteria was devised in the 19th century by German biologist Ferdinand Cohn. He based it on the Greek word "bakterion" meaning a small rod or staff. Cohn is considered to be the father of modern bacteriology.

Did you know?

The oldest recorded age was 122. Madame Jeanne Calment was born in France in 1875 and died in 1997. She was a vegetarian and loved olive oil, port wine, and chocolate.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library