This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Regardless of which delivery system or combination of delivery systems is appropriate, which skill ... (Read 186 times)

Regardless of which delivery system or combination of delivery systems is appropriate, which skill is required for effective use?

1. Flexibility
  2. Strict adherence
  3. Persistence
  4. Resistance to change

Question 2

Which statement indicates further teaching is required?

1. I think managers make it easier to see whats expected.
  2. I know my manager is required to review my performance.
  3. Managers cannot affect motivation; it comes from within.
  4. I know if I have a problem with a client, I can go to him.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

dawsa925

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: Flexibility is a skill imperative when choosing a delivery system(s) for nursing care. The system must meet client and staff needs and organizational and unit-specific goals, as well as remain within cost constraints. If not, flexibility allows for change to occur to alter the system as necessary to achieve the desired effects.
Rationale 2: Strict adherence to a set of rules or structure is not appropriate in today's health care environment, where adaptability is essential.
Rationale 3: The nurse should be persistent in learning new roles, but persistence is not the best answer to this question.
Rationale 4: Resistance to change is not a desirable skill in today's health care environment.
Global Rationale:

Answer to Question 2

Explanation: 1. Managers can affect motivation by developing strategies and possible incentives. The other
options are true management functions.

Did you know?

About 3% of all pregnant women will give birth to twins, which is an increase in rate of nearly 60% since the early 1980s.

Did you know?

During the twentieth century, a variant of the metric system was used in Russia and France in which the base unit of mass was the tonne. Instead of kilograms, this system used millitonnes (mt).

Did you know?

Adolescents often feel clumsy during puberty because during this time of development, their hands and feet grow faster than their arms and legs do. The body is therefore out of proportion. One out of five adolescents actually experiences growing pains during this period.

Did you know?

Certain rare plants containing cyanide include apricot pits and a type of potato called cassava. Fortunately, only chronic or massive ingestion of any of these plants can lead to serious poisoning.

Did you know?

Many people have small pouches in their colons that bulge outward through weak spots. Each pouch is called a diverticulum. About 10% of Americans older than age 40 years have diverticulosis, which, when the pouches become infected or inflamed, is called diverticulitis. The main cause of diverticular disease is a low-fiber diet.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library