This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The house supervisor is instructing new nurse managers on positive managerial skills. Teaching has ... (Read 17 times)

mckennatimberlake

The house supervisor is instructing new nurse managers on positive managerial skills. Teaching has been effective if the house supervisor hears which comment?

1. There is no way I am leaving my door open for the staff to come in whenever.
  2. I expect my staff to be on time every day to work, without exceptions.
  3. I will help my staff whenever they might need an extra hand with something.
  4. I wont call in my on-call person until I absolutely have no other choice.

Question 2

The nurse manager has established a program that recognizes a different staff member each month for contributions to client care. As a result, overall staff productivity and the number of client compliments have increased.

This is an example of which concept of organizational theory? 1. Span of control
  2. Line authority
  3. Hawthorne effect
  4. Adhocracy

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

welcom1000

Answer to Question 1

Explanation: 1. Offering assistance when needed helps raise morale and foster a positive work environment.
This in turn will affect the overall success of the organization. The others do not and would
require further instruction.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: Span of control is the number of persons a manager can effectively supervise.
Rationale 2: Line authority is a linear hierarchy through which activity is directed.
Rationale 3: The Hawthorne effect is the tendency of people to perform as expected because of special attention.
Rationale 4: Adhocracy is a fluid structure in which management, staff, and experts work together on teams.
Global Rationale:

mckennatimberlake

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
Gracias!

Dominic

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Fatal fungal infections may be able to resist newer antifungal drugs. Globally, fungal infections are often fatal due to the lack of access to multiple antifungals, which may be required to be utilized in combination. Single antifungals may not be enough to stop a fungal infection from causing the death of a patient.

Did you know?

According to animal studies, the typical American diet is damaging to the liver and may result in allergies, low energy, digestive problems, and a lack of ability to detoxify harmful substances.

Did you know?

Intradermal injections are somewhat difficult to correctly administer because the skin layers are so thin that it is easy to accidentally punch through to the deeper subcutaneous layer.

Did you know?

Adolescents often feel clumsy during puberty because during this time of development, their hands and feet grow faster than their arms and legs do. The body is therefore out of proportion. One out of five adolescents actually experiences growing pains during this period.

Did you know?

Disorders that may affect pharmacodynamics include genetic mutations, malnutrition, thyrotoxicosis, myasthenia gravis, Parkinson's disease, and certain forms of insulin-resistant diabetes mellitus.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library