Author Question: The nurse manager asks a staff nurse why a procedure is done in a certain manner. The nurse replies, ... (Read 65 times)

captainjonesify

The nurse manager asks a staff nurse why a procedure is done in a certain manner. The nurse replies, I don't know why I started doing it this way. I've never read any research on it, but this technique always works for me.

The manager would place this technique into which category of evidence? 1. Case study
  2. Anecdotal
  3. Nonexperimental design research
  4. Statistical

Question 2

The nurse manager identified that the census was higher than anticipated and the client acuity level was also high; however, there were fewer nursing hours paid. This variance is an example of which budgetary variance?

1. Efficiency
  2. Nonsalary expenditure
  3. Rate
  4. Volume

JYan

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: A case study is an in-depth analysis used to translate evidence into other clinical situations.
Rationale 2: Anecdotal evidence is derived from experience.
Rationale 3: Nonexperimental design research includes gathering factors related to a clinical condition.
Rationale 4: Statistical evidence is built from a scientific approach.
Global Rationale:

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: Efficiency variance is a reflection of the difference between budgeted and actual nursing care hours provided.
Rationale 2: Nonsalary expenditure variance is a deviation from the budget as a result of changes in client volume, supply quantities, or prices paid.
Rationale 3: Rate variance is the difference between budgeted and actual hourly rates paid.
Rationale 4: Volume variances are the differences in the budget as a result of increases or decreases in patient volume.
Global Rationale: