This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The patient's outflow (effluent) is cloudy as reported by the LPN/LVN. What would you instruct the ... (Read 61 times)

dalyningkenk

The patient's outflow (effluent) is cloudy as reported by the LPN/LVN. What would you instruct the LPN/LVN to do at this time?

A. Empty the outflow bag into the sink.
  B. Send a sample of effluent to the laboratory.
  C. Tell the patient to drink lots of fluids.
  D. Change the dressing around the patient's dialysis catheter.

Question 2

Which patient statement indicates the need for

A. I am supposed to use sterile technique when connecting or disconnecting the catheter tubing.
  B. I usually perform my dialysis exchanges in the dining room on the table.
  C. I run the dialysate in quickly over 10 to 20 minutes.
  D. I will be able to travel on vacation

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

gstein359

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

B

dalyningkenk

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
:D TYSM

bigsis44

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Amoebae are the simplest type of protozoans, and are characterized by a feeding and dividing trophozoite stage that moves by temporary extensions called pseudopodia or false feet.

Did you know?

Drugs are in development that may cure asthma and hay fever once and for all. They target leukotrienes, which are known to cause tightening of the air passages in the lungs and increase mucus productions in nasal passages.

Did you know?

About 60% of newborn infants in the United States are jaundiced; that is, they look yellow. Kernicterus is a form of brain damage caused by excessive jaundice. When babies begin to be affected by excessive jaundice and begin to have brain damage, they become excessively lethargic.

Did you know?

The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommends that all women age 65 years of age or older should be screened with bone densitometry.

Did you know?

Blood in the urine can be a sign of a kidney stone, glomerulonephritis, or other kidney problems.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library