This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse manager smiles constantly during a staff meeting in which changes to the holiday work ... (Read 18 times)

student77

The nurse manager smiles constantly during a staff meeting in which changes to the holiday work schedule are announced. What is the probable result of this presentation?

1. The nurses will feel the manager is concerned about their interests.
  2. The nurses will think the manager likes the changes.
  3. The nurses will not be confident that the manager is being truthful.
  4. The nurses will appreciate the manager's support.

Question 2

Critical thinking is key to successful planning. Which statements are evidence that the nurse manager is a critical thinker? Select all that apply.

1. I need to research the topic before I comment.
  2. Let's be fair in our consideration of this change.
  3. Let's go ahead and make the change, I have a feeling it is correct.
  4. I'm trying to understand your point of view.
  5. I have to take back something I said in the last meeting; it was wrong.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

momtoalll

Answer to Question 1

Explanation: 1. This is not the result of constant smiling during the delivery of bad news. The nurse manager's demeanor should match the message to some extent.
2. This is not necessarily the case.
3. Constant smiling when it is not appropriate may make the nurses mistrust the manager.
4. The nurse manager should convey this support by being supportive and understanding the issues, not by smiling while delivering the message.

Answer to Question 2

1, 2, 4, 5
Explanation: 1. This is an example of intellectual humility or admitting what is not known. This is a trait of a critical thinker.
2. This is an example of intellectual courage or awareness of the need to confront ideas fairly. This is a trait of a critical thinker.
3. This statement reflects a jump to action and is not reflective of critical thinking.
4. This is an example of intellectual empathy or the person making a conscious effort to understand others. This is a trait of a critical thinker.
5. This is an example of intellectual integrity or admitting when one is wrong. This is a trait of a critical thinker.

student77

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
Excellent

jackie

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

According to research, pregnant women tend to eat more if carrying a baby boy. Male fetuses may secrete a chemical that stimulates their mothers to step up her energy intake.

Did you know?

Hip fractures are the most serious consequences of osteoporosis. The incidence of hip fractures increases with each decade among patients in their 60s to patients in their 90s for both women and men of all populations. Men and women older than 80 years of age show the highest incidence of hip fractures.

Did you know?

Cyanide works by making the human body unable to use oxygen.

Did you know?

The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommends that all women age 65 years of age or older should be screened with bone densitometry.

Did you know?

A cataract is a clouding of the eyes' natural lens. As we age, some clouding of the lens may occur. The first sign of a cataract is usually blurry vision. Although glasses and other visual aids may at first help a person with cataracts, surgery may become inevitable. Cataract surgery is very successful in restoring vision, and it is the most frequently performed surgery in the United States.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library