This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Despite the long history of collective bargaining in the nursing profession, many nurses have ... (Read 39 times)

jon_i

Despite the long history of collective bargaining in the nursing profession, many nurses have concerns regarding membership in a collective bargaining unit.

Which of the following statements by nurses best conveys one of the primary concerns that are prevalent among
  nurses?

A) I think that physicians recognize our value and sufficiently advocate for our best
  interests.
  B) I think that a collaborative model results in higher wages than a confrontational model
  such as collective bargaining.
  C) I'm not sure that joining a union is congruent with the philosophy of the nursing
  profession.
  D) In the end, I think that the costs of being in bargaining unit outweigh the potential
  benefits.

Question 2

The staff, the administrators, and the executives of a large, urban hospital are currently celebrating the fact that the hospital has recently been granted Magnet Recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).

This designation suggests that the hospital

A) pays nurses higher wages than the national median.
  B) has lower staff turnover than most hospitals.
  C) integrates the principles of evidence-based practice into care.
  D) has a committed and responsive bureaucracy.

Question 3

A nurse who has a baccalaureate degree in nursing has begun working at a hospital in which the principles of primary care nursing are used to organize care. Which of the following actions should the nurse anticipate?

A) Performing the most complex nursing tasks on the unit for all of the patients
  B) Taking action to ensure that neither too much nor too little care is provided for each patient
  C) Directing a team of practical (vocational) nurses and unlicensed care providers
  D) Being responsible for specific patients from the time of their admission to the time of
  discharge