This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurses are discussing how nursing informatics can be used to assist nurses with their work. ... (Read 67 times)

james9437

The nurses are discussing how nursing informatics can be used to assist nurses with their work. Which of the following statements indicates that a nurse requires more education about this subject?

1. I can quickly go online to help answer questions that I have about specific client issues that are occurring on the unit.
  2. I can use the computers to input data that I have collected about the number of clients with central lines on this unit.
  3. I've been monitoring the number of nosocomial infections that have been tracked back to this unit for the last 3 years.
  4. I can ask the computer to analyze the data and tell me specifically what to do about an issue.

Question 2

A nursing manager notes an unfavorable or negative variance in the supply budget for the month. Which of the following might have attributed to this issue?

1. Low client acuity levels
  2. Three nurses used 12 hours of sick time during the last month.
  3. Reduced unit occupancy rate
  4. Four new nurses were hired immediately after taking their NCLEX board exams.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mtmmmmmk

Answer to Question 1

Answer: 4

Rationale: Nurses depend on computers to assist them with their work. Computers can be used to manage, organize, store, and communicate information. Nurses can access information online to improve their knowledge. However, the nurse's judgment must be used to determine a solution to a problem. Nurses cannot rely on the computer to tell them how to solve a problem. The computer can assist the nurse to find solutions to a problem. The nurse must analyze the data from the computer and use nursing judgment to determine the best solution for the problem.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: 4
Rationale: When supplies are being used, this usually indicates an increase in client acuity levels. More supplies are used to care for sicker clients. When nurses use sick time, it is reflected in the personnel budget. A reduced occupancy rate most likely would lead to fewer supplies being used than were budgeted. New nurses are trying to get used to new routines and how to perform procedures in the most efficient manner. New nurses most likely would account for the negative variance in the supply budget.

james9437

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

carojassy25

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Blood in the urine can be a sign of a kidney stone, glomerulonephritis, or other kidney problems.

Did you know?

Bacteria have flourished on the earth for over three billion years. They were the first life forms on the planet.

Did you know?

Hypertension is a silent killer because it is deadly and has no significant early symptoms. The danger from hypertension is the extra load on the heart, which can lead to hypertensive heart disease and kidney damage. This occurs without any major symptoms until the high blood pressure becomes extreme. Regular blood pressure checks are an important method of catching hypertension before it can kill you.

Did you know?

Pink eye is a term that refers to conjunctivitis, which is inflammation of the thin, clear membrane (conjunctiva) over the white part of the eye (sclera). It may be triggered by a virus, bacteria, or foreign body in the eye. Antibiotic eye drops alleviate bacterial conjunctivitis, and antihistamine allergy pills or eye drops help control allergic conjunctivitis symptoms.

Did you know?

Urine turns bright yellow if larger than normal amounts of certain substances are consumed; one of these substances is asparagus.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library