This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which situation indicates inappropriate use of delegation? 1. The nurse manager triages clients ... (Read 26 times)

lilldybug07

Which situation indicates inappropriate use of delegation?

1. The nurse manager triages clients coming into the Emergency Department.
   2. The charge nurse asks the nursing assistant to obtain a complete set of vital signs.
   3. The nursing supervisor asks a nurse manager to lead a task force on improving
  quality.
   4. The nurse asks a nursing assistant to assist in admitting a client by setting up the
  room.

Question 2

Which statement indicates that successful learning has taken place at a how to course on successful delegation?

1. Delegation has no benefit on our unit, since our clients are frequently admitted and then discharged so quickly.
  2. I never knew I could actually save time for myself and save organizational resources by thoughtfully delegating tasks to others.
  3. I just don't understand how people think delegation is not a benefit to everyone; all you have to do is tell other people what to do.
  4. I never knew delegation only required me to tell others what to do, and by when to have it completed.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

TINA

Answer to Question 1

Answer: 1
Rationale: The purpose of delegation is to ensure that the right person does the right task. It is important for the nurse manager to manage and not do nursing responsibilities such as triage on a routine basis. It is appropriate for the charge nurse to ask a nursing assistant to obtain vital signs, appropriate for the supervisor to delegate leadership of a task force to a nurse manager, and appropriate for the nurse to delegate setting up a new client room to the nursing assistant.

Answer to Question 2

Answer: 2
Rationale: Delegation does save time and resources if done effectively, which benefits all levels of the organization. All units have time to delegate because delegators explain the task specifics, and then can move on to the next priority task. The delegate not only needs to know what to do, and when it needs to be completed, but also needs to know why the delegator needs the delegate to do it.

lilldybug07

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

AISCAMPING

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

The immune system needs 9.5 hours of sleep in total darkness to recharge completely.

Did you know?

The first documented use of surgical anesthesia in the United States was in Connecticut in 1844.

Did you know?

About 60% of newborn infants in the United States are jaundiced; that is, they look yellow. Kernicterus is a form of brain damage caused by excessive jaundice. When babies begin to be affected by excessive jaundice and begin to have brain damage, they become excessively lethargic.

Did you know?

GI conditions that will keep you out of the U.S. armed services include ulcers, varices, fistulas, esophagitis, gastritis, congenital abnormalities, inflammatory bowel disease, enteritis, colitis, proctitis, duodenal diverticula, malabsorption syndromes, hepatitis, cirrhosis, cysts, abscesses, pancreatitis, polyps, certain hemorrhoids, splenomegaly, hernias, recent abdominal surgery, GI bypass or stomach stapling, and artificial GI openings.

Did you know?

The people with the highest levels of LDL are Mexican American males and non-Hispanic black females.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library