Author Question: During the breakthrough negotiation between the hospital's unlicensed workers and the nurse manager ... (Read 13 times)

luvbio

During the breakthrough negotiation between the hospital's unlicensed workers and the nurse manager of a unit, the nurse manager reframed a personal attack by the unlicensed workers by saying:

a. I don't agree with you.
  b. I understand that you are angry.
  c. How would you deal with the situation?
  d. What do you think will happen if we reach agreement?

Question 2

The hospital administrator began the bargaining process with the staff nurses by sarcastically saying, I know that you are intelligent people. The hospital administration was playing what dirty trick?

a. Seducing the staff nurses
  b. Annoying the staff nurses
  c. Demeaning the staff nurses
  d. Using a smoke screen approach

Pswine

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
The game is changed by reframing instead of rejecting. The personal attack should be reframed as an attack on the problem.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
A definitive statement such as I know you are an intelligent person limits the freedom of the other person,because it demeans the other party with sarcasm.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Glaucoma is a leading cause of blindness. As of yet, there is no cure. Everyone is at risk, and there may be no warning signs. It is six to eight times more common in African Americans than in whites. The best and most effective way to detect glaucoma is to receive a dilated eye examination.

Did you know?

In 2012, nearly 24 milliion Americans, aged 12 and older, had abused an illicit drug, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA).

Did you know?

Hypertension is a silent killer because it is deadly and has no significant early symptoms. The danger from hypertension is the extra load on the heart, which can lead to hypertensive heart disease and kidney damage. This occurs without any major symptoms until the high blood pressure becomes extreme. Regular blood pressure checks are an important method of catching hypertension before it can kill you.

Did you know?

The human body's pharmacokinetics are quite varied. Our hair holds onto drugs longer than our urine, blood, or saliva. For example, alcohol can be detected in the hair for up to 90 days after it was consumed. The same is true for marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy, heroin, methamphetamine, and nicotine.

Did you know?

For high blood pressure (hypertension), a new class of drug, called a vasopeptidase blocker (inhibitor), has been developed. It decreases blood pressure by simultaneously dilating the peripheral arteries and increasing the body's loss of salt.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library