This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: During a staff conference, the issue of mandatory in-service sessions was raised. The staff from the ... (Read 92 times)

jon_i

During a staff conference, the issue of mandatory in-service sessions was raised. The staff from the day shift wanted the in-service sessions to be held from 12:00 to 1:00 PM, so they could eat lunch together.

Some of the newer staff members who worked nights remained silent. When it came time for the vote, the majority who worked days and evenings accepted the time for the in-service sessions. The night shift members did not promote this new schedule. This form of peer pressure is:
  a.
  Consensus building
  b.
  Groupthink
  c.
  Ad hoc committee
  d.
  Task force

Question 2

The hospital holds weekly meetings of a nurse manager council that discuss identified problem areas and makes recommendations to a central council or administration. This is a form of:

a. Ad hoc committee
  b. Informal committee
  c. Shared governance council
  d. Task force

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

helenmarkerine

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
Groupthink seeks fast solutions with little critical thinking or input from group members. People may feel invulnerable, ignore negative feedback, stereotype differing views as misinformed, and use peer pressure to suppress doubters. People conform rather than challenge ideas, and poor decisions can result.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
Although the ultimate responsibility for a decision is the top administrator's, that burden can be shared through the use of committees and shared governance councils.

jon_i

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

miss_1456@hotmail.com

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

According to the Migraine Research Foundation, migraines are the third most prevalent illness in the world. Women are most affected (18%), followed by children of both sexes (10%), and men (6%).

Did you know?

It is difficult to obtain enough calcium without consuming milk or other dairy foods.

Did you know?

Calcitonin is a naturally occurring hormone. In women who are at least 5 years beyond menopause, it slows bone loss and increases spinal bone density.

Did you know?

Between 1999 and 2012, American adults with high total cholesterol decreased from 18.3% to 12.9%

Did you know?

Human neurons are so small that they require a microscope in order to be seen. However, some neurons can be up to 3 feet long, such as those that extend from the spinal cord to the toes.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library