Author Question: Which of the following people is more likely to experience burnout? a. A nurse who just ... (Read 15 times)

lilldybug07

Which of the following people is more likely to experience burnout?

a. A nurse who just celebrated her fifth year with the agency
  b. A nurse manager who works 50 hours a week
  c. A nursing assistant who just returned from vacation
  d. A unit secretary who would like to return to school

Question 2

The nurse manager was orienting a new staff nurse to the unit. The nurse manager identified the staff nurse's stress level when the staff nurse said:

a. I'm so excited about this new job
  b. Is my license on the line if the equipment malfunctions?
  c. I realize I'm just out of school, but I'm willing to learn.
  d. How long is orientation?

jaymee143

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
Well-educated, intelligent, creative people in management are at high risk for burnout.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
Nurses face stress related to their exposure to life-and-death situations and their need to know how to use numerous pieces of equipment and deal with the consequences of equipment failure.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Always store hazardous household chemicals in their original containers out of reach of children. These include bleach, paint, strippers and products containing turpentine, garden chemicals, oven cleaners, fondue fuels, nail polish, and nail polish remover.

Did you know?

Acute bronchitis is an inflammation of the breathing tubes (bronchi), which causes increased mucus production and other changes. It is usually caused by bacteria or viruses, can be serious in people who have pulmonary or cardiac diseases, and can lead to pneumonia.

Did you know?

Individuals are never “cured” of addictions. Instead, they learn how to manage their disease to lead healthy, balanced lives.

Did you know?

In 1886, William Bates reported on the discovery of a substance produced by the adrenal gland that turned out to be epinephrine (adrenaline). In 1904, this drug was first artificially synthesized by Friedrich Stolz.

Did you know?

The most dangerous mercury compound, dimethyl mercury, is so toxic that even a few microliters spilled on the skin can cause death. Mercury has been shown to accumulate in higher amounts in the following types of fish than other types: swordfish, shark, mackerel, tilefish, crab, and tuna.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library