This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A young mother tells the nurse, I'm worried because my son needs a blood transfusion. I don't know ... (Read 55 times)

rachel9

A young mother tells the nurse, I'm worried because my son needs a blood transfusion. I don't know what to do, because blood transfusions cause AIDS. Which central nursing construct is represented in this situation?

a. Environment
  b. Caring
  c. Health
  d. Person

Question 2

When admitting a client to the medical-surgical unit, the nurse asks the client about cultural issues. The nurse is demonstrating use of the concept of

a. person.
  b. environment.
  c. health.
  d. nursing.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

xoxo123

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D
The concept of environment includes all cultural, developmental, and social determinants that influence a client's health perceptions and behavior. Caring is not one of the four central nursing constructs. The word health derives from the word whole. Health is a multidimensional concept, having physical, psychological, sociocultural, developmental, and spiritual characteristics. The World Health Organization (WHO, 1946) defines health as a state of complete physical, mental, social well-being, not merely the absence of disease or infirmity. Nursing includes the promotion of health, prevention of illness, and the care of ill, disabled, and dying people. Person is defined as the recipient of nursing care, having unique bio-psycho-social and spiritual dimensions.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
The concept of environment includes all cultural, developmental, and social determinants that influence a client's health perceptions and behavior. A person is defined as the recipient of nursing care, having unique bio-psycho-social and spiritual dimensions. The word health derives from the word whole. Health is a multidimensional concept, having physical, psychological, sociocultural, developmental, and spiritual characteristics. The World Health Organization (WHO, 1946) defines health as a state of complete physical, mental, social well-being, not merely the absence of disease or infirmity. Nursing includes the promotion of health, prevention of illness, and the care of ill, disabled, and dying people.

rachel9

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
Excellent

recede

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

The familiar sounds of your heart are made by the heart's valves as they open and close.

Did you know?

More than 150,000 Americans killed by cardiovascular disease are younger than the age of 65 years.

Did you know?

Though the United States has largely rejected the metric system, it is used for currency, as in 100 pennies = 1 dollar. Previously, the British currency system was used, with measurements such as 12 pence to the shilling, and 20 shillings to the pound.

Did you know?

Patients who cannot swallow may receive nutrition via a parenteral route—usually, a catheter is inserted through the chest into a large vein going into the heart.

Did you know?

Asthma occurs in one in 11 children and in one in 12 adults. African Americans and Latinos have a higher risk for developing asthma than other groups.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library