This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is reviewing data within a client's medical record: Current Problem: Right hip pain ... (Read 41 times)

sheilaspns

The nurse is reviewing data within a client's medical record: Current Problem: Right hip pain

Explaining Factors: It started when I rode the stationary bike at home. It's that bike's fault I have pain now and I'm not going to do any exercise anymore.
  Efforts take to relieve pain: I take over-the-counter pills, but I figure if I'm supposed to get over this I will. Something will come up that will help with the pain.
  Based upon this information, which health belief model should the nurse identify that the client follows?
  1. Internal locus of control
  2. External local of control
  3. Rosenstock's health belief model
  4. Pender's health promotion model

Question 2

The nurse says she knows a particular fact is true because God says it is true. Which of Kneller's types of knowing is this nurse describing?

1. Rational
  2. Empirical
  3. Intuitive
  4. Revealed

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

pallen55

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 2

People who believe their health is largely controlled by outside forces and is beyond their control have an external locus of control and may need assistance to become more internally controlled if behavior changes are to be successful. People who believe that they have a major influence on their own health status are internally controlled; that is, they have an internal locus of control. The health belief model (HBM), developed by Rosenstock provides a framework for understanding why people do not adopt disease prevention strategies or participate in screening tests for the early detection of disease. Pender's health promotion model focuses on health-promoting behaviors rather than health-protecting or preventive behaviors.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 4

Kneller's framework describes five kinds of knowledge: (1) revealed knowledge that is disclosed by God; (2) intuitive knowledge that comes from a process of discovery nurtured by experience; (3) rational knowledge that uses principles of formal logic; (4) empirical knowledge that is tested by observation or experiment; and (5) authoritative knowledge that is vouched for by authorities in the field.

sheilaspns

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

ashely1112

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

According to research, pregnant women tend to eat more if carrying a baby boy. Male fetuses may secrete a chemical that stimulates their mothers to step up her energy intake.

Did you know?

The strongest synthetic topical retinoid drug available, tazarotene, is used to treat sun-damaged skin, acne, and psoriasis.

Did you know?

Though Candida and Aspergillus species are the most common fungal pathogens causing invasive fungal disease in the immunocompromised, infections due to previously uncommon hyaline and dematiaceous filamentous fungi are occurring more often today. Rare fungal infections, once accurately diagnosed, may require surgical debridement, immunotherapy, and newer antifungals used singly or in combination with older antifungals, on a case-by-case basis.

Did you know?

Most women experience menopause in their 50s. However, in 1994, an Italian woman gave birth to a baby boy when she was 61 years old.

Did you know?

A good example of polar molecules can be understood when trying to make a cake. If water and oil are required, they will not mix together. If you put them into a measuring cup, the oil will rise to the top while the water remains on the bottom.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library