This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A family insists that their father not be told he is dying of lung cancer. While hanging his IV ... (Read 47 times)

pane00

A family insists that their father not be told he is dying of lung cancer. While hanging his IV medication, the patient asks the nurse, I never had a medication in a bag like that. What is it for?

The nurse knows that the medication is an antineoplastic agent. The best response by the nurse is:
  A. This is a new drug your physician ordered.
  B. This medication is often used in the treatment of cancer.
  C. This medication has more than one use, and I am not sure why you are receiving it.
  D. Request that the family tell him why he is getting the medication.

Question 2

The role of ethics committees is to:

A. Resolve ethical dilemmas.
  B. Prevent the physician from getting the institution into legal confrontations.
  C. Establish guidelines to eliminate ethical dilemmas.
  D. Provide appropriate guidance for the health-care team, family members, and the client.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

scottmt

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D

pane00

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Zebsrer

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Alcohol acts as a diuretic. Eight ounces of water is needed to metabolize just 1 ounce of alcohol.

Did you know?

Your heart beats over 36 million times a year.

Did you know?

The training of an anesthesiologist typically requires four years of college, 4 years of medical school, 1 year of internship, and 3 years of residency.

Did you know?

The U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommends that all women age 65 years of age or older should be screened with bone densitometry.

Did you know?

Tobacco depletes the body of vitamins A, C, and E, which can result in any of the following: dry hair, dry skin, dry eyes, poor growth, night blindness, abscesses, insomnia, fatigue, reproductive system problems, sinusitis, pneumonia, frequent respiratory problems, skin disorders, weight loss, rickets, osteomalacia, nervousness, muscle spasms, leg cramps, extremity numbness, bone malformations, decayed teeth, difficulty in walking, irritability, restlessness, profuse sweating, increased uric acid (gout), joint damage, damaged red blood cells, destruction of nerves, infertility, miscarriage, and many types of cancer.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library