This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Matthew is completing his first year of employment as an RN on a medical-surgical unit. A new ... (Read 16 times)

armygirl

Matthew is completing his first year of employment as an RN on a medical-surgical unit. A new graduate has just started her orientation on his unit. He found her crying in the patient lounge saying, I can't do this.

This is just not like we learned in school. What response from Matthew demonstrates his leadership skills?
  A. If you are already crying, this is not the career for you.
  B. I remember those feelings. Come on, let's talk about it.
  C. Why don't you talk to the nurse manager? Maybe she can give you a lighter load.
  D. I would consider a transfer to an easier unit.

Question 2

Linda believes she should begin demonstrating leadership skills on her unit. She speaks with her nurse manager about how to do this.

The nurse manager, who wants to encourage Linda's leadership development, responds by saying:
  A. Just watch me closelyit will come to you eventually.
  B. Develop perseverancejust hang in there and do your work well. Someone higher than me will notice you.
  C. It takes a lot of energy to be a leader. You might want to sign up at the local gym.
  D. Understand yourself firstwhat leadership skills do you want to develop?