This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A new nurse is hired to work in an acute care hospital. He was advised by Human Resources that ... (Read 64 times)

iveyjurea

A new nurse is hired to work in an acute care hospital. He was advised by Human Resources that liability insurance is not necessary because the institution has coverage for all employees. Which of the following responses by the nurse is best?

a. Great, that is one less expense..
  b. I want my own personal insurance to protect my interests in case of a suit..
  c. I don't intend to do anything wrong..
  d. I want to have insurance to supplement yours..

Question 2

A patient refuses treatment and decides to leave the hospital against medical advice. The nurse stands in the patient's doorway and tells him he cannot leave because he may die, and she refuses to let him pass.

Which of the following does this action imply? a. Invasion of privacy
  b. Assault and battery
  c. False imprisonment
  d. Autonomy

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

kilada

Answer to Question 1

B

Feedback
A This shows naivet on the part of the nurse.
B The institution's insurance is to protect them. Even if the nurse has not acted wrongly, he may be required to reimburse the institution for any monetary loss involved in the process.
C This shows naivet on the part of the nurse.
D This shows naivet on the part of the nurse.

Answer to Question 2

C

Feedback
A This does not apply.
B This does not apply.
C This constitutes false imprisonment.
D This does not apply.

iveyjurea

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
:D TYSM

kishoreddi

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

The cure for trichomoniasis is easy as long as the patient does not drink alcoholic beverages for 24 hours. Just a single dose of medication is needed to rid the body of the disease. However, without proper precautions, an individual may contract the disease repeatedly. In fact, most people develop trichomoniasis again within three months of their last treatment.

Did you know?

The strongest synthetic topical retinoid drug available, tazarotene, is used to treat sun-damaged skin, acne, and psoriasis.

Did you know?

Not getting enough sleep can greatly weaken the immune system. Lack of sleep makes you more likely to catch a cold, or more difficult to fight off an infection.

Did you know?

A strange skin disease referred to as Morgellons has occurred in the southern United States and in California. Symptoms include slowly healing sores, joint pain, persistent fatigue, and a sensation of things crawling through the skin. Another symptom is strange-looking, threadlike extrusions coming out of the skin.

Did you know?

Women are 50% to 75% more likely than men to experience an adverse drug reaction.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library