Author Question: Which activities does the nurse recognize as being used by a patient to restore HEALTH? Select all ... (Read 47 times)

rosent76

Which activities does the nurse recognize as being used by a patient to restore HEALTH? Select all that apply:

1. Drinking herbal tea
  2. Using massage
  3. Prayer
  4. Meditation
  5. Purging

Question 2

Which patient statement reflects a spiritual belief that defines ILLNESS?

1. I am being punished for breaking a religious code.
  2. It is a necessary part of my religious culture.
  3. I failed to wear special amulets to ward it off.
  4. I am sick because I violated dietary practices.

poopface

Answer to Question 1

1, 2, 3, 4
Explanation: 1. HEALTH restoration can be accomplished by the use of herbal tea.
2. HEALTH restoration can be accomplished by the use of massage.
3. HEALTH restoration can be accomplished by the use of prayer.
4. HEALTH restoration can be accomplished by the use of meditation.
5. Purging is not identified as a method of HEALTH restoration.

Answer to Question 2

1, 3, 4
Explanation: 1. ILLNESS can sometimes be considered a result of breaking a religious code.
2. ILLNESS is not a necessary part of religious culture.
3. ILLNESS is believed to be caused by the failure to wear religious amulets as protection.
4. Violating dietary practices is serious, and may be believed to be the cause of ILLNESS.