Author Question: Quantitative research typically involves a fairly linear progression of tasks. A) True B) ... (Read 21 times)

audragclark

Quantitative research typically involves a fairly linear progression of tasks.

A) True
  B) False

Question 2

Which statement, made by a research student, would the faculty interpret as indicating understanding of the status of research into the value of nursing?

1. There are numerous studies on the value of nursing. I think I want to do something more unique..
  2. Since hundreds of studies have been done on the value of nursing, I think I will choose to replicate one of them for my first project..
  3. Everyone is so interested in proving the value of nursing, but the research we have read in class has been of poor quality..
  4. Since many people are calling for research to support the value of nursing, I think that would be an interesting study..

djpooyouma

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: The value of nursing is an area that is under-researched and would be a rather unique study for this research student.
Rationale 2: There is research into the topic of the value of nursing, but there are not hundreds of studies to choose from for replication.
Rationale 3: Excellent and valuable research does exist on this topic, but more needs to be done to support nursing's value.
Rationale 4: There are research studies into demonstrating the value of nursing, but there is a need for more studies. This is the statement that reflects the best understanding of the call for research.