This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A hallmark of the scientific method is that it is: A) Rigorous B) Holistic C) Systematic D) ... (Read 42 times)

lidoalex

A hallmark of the scientific method is that it is:

A) Rigorous
  B) Holistic
  C) Systematic
  D) Flexible

Question 2

Which following level of evidence includes systematic reviews of multiple studies?

A) Level IV
  B) Level III
  C) Level II
  D) Level I

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Brenm

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

D
Systematic reviews are at the pinnacle of the hierarchy (Level I), because the strongest evidence comes from careful syntheses of multiple studies. The next highest level (Level II) includes individual randomized controlled trials (RCTs). Going down the rungs of the evidence hierarchy for Therapy questions results in less reliable evidencefor example, Level III evidence comes from a type of study called quasi-experiment. In-depth qualitative studies are near the bottom, in terms of evidence regarding intervention effectiveness.

lidoalex

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

lcapri7

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Oliver Wendell Holmes is credited with introducing the words "anesthesia" and "anesthetic" into the English language in 1846.

Did you know?

Amoebae are the simplest type of protozoans, and are characterized by a feeding and dividing trophozoite stage that moves by temporary extensions called pseudopodia or false feet.

Did you know?

Parkinson's disease is both chronic and progressive. This means that it persists over a long period of time and that its symptoms grow worse over time.

Did you know?

Less than one of every three adults with high LDL cholesterol has the condition under control. Only 48.1% with the condition are being treated for it.

Did you know?

Though “Krazy Glue” or “Super Glue” has the ability to seal small wounds, it is not recommended for this purpose since it contains many substances that should not enter the body through the skin, and may be harmful.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library