This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is completing a lethality assessment with a female client. Which are appropriate lethality ... (Read 27 times)

laurencescou

The nurse is completing a lethality assessment with a female client. Which are appropriate lethality risk questions? (Select all that apply.)

A) Is there a gun in your house?
  B) Are you using drugs or drinking excessively?
  C) Has your partner ever been arrested?
  D) What is the worst thing your partner has ever done to you?
  E) Do you feel that the partner is capable of hurting you?

Question 2

8. Which statements by a caregiver would indicate the presence of risk factors for violence and should cause the nurse to have significant concern for the safety of children? (Select all that apply.)

A) My boyfriend says that one day he'll put a bullet through my head if I don't stop nagging him.
  B) My 3-year-old daughter cries when my partner and I argue.
  C) My husband sometimes makes our son come into our bedroom and watch as he hits me.
  D) The last time we fought, he threatened to go pull out his shotgun.
  E) My husband got upset with how much our daughter was texting and took her phone away from her for a month.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Mholman93

Answer to Question 1

Ans: A, C, D, E
Appropriate questions to ask a client to assess for lethality risks associated with intimate partner violence include the following: (1) Is there a gun in the house? (2) Is the woman's partner unemployed? (3) What is the worst thing the partner has ever done to the victim? (4) Does the victim feel that the partner is capable of hurting her, of carrying out his threats? (5) Has the woman's partner ever been arrested? (6) Is the woman's partner (not the woman herself) using drugs or drinking excessively?

Answer to Question 2

Ans: A, C, D
Risk factors that indicate significant concern for the safety of the children are as follows: (1) threats to kill the caretaker, children, and/or self or fears on the part of the caretaker for the children's safety; (2) a child was physically injured in an incident in which the caretaker was the target; (3) a child was coerced to participate in or witness the abuse of the caretaker; (4) a weapon was used or threats to use a weapon were made, and the caretaker believed that there was intention and ability to cause harm. A toddler crying because of an argument and a father taking away a daughter's phone for a month are not causes for significant concern regarding the safety of the children.

laurencescou

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

tandmlomax84

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Though methadone is often used to treat dependency on other opioids, the drug itself can be abused. Crushing or snorting methadone can achieve the opiate "rush" desired by addicts. Improper use such as these can lead to a dangerous dependency on methadone. This drug now accounts for nearly one-third of opioid-related deaths.

Did you know?

Less than one of every three adults with high LDL cholesterol has the condition under control. Only 48.1% with the condition are being treated for it.

Did you know?

There can actually be a 25-hour time difference between certain locations in the world. The International Date Line passes between the islands of Samoa and American Samoa. It is not a straight line, but "zig-zags" around various island chains. Therefore, Samoa and nearby islands have one date, while American Samoa and nearby islands are one day behind. Daylight saving time is used in some islands, but not in others—further shifting the hours out of sync with natural time.

Did you know?

Medications that are definitely not safe to take when breastfeeding include radioactive drugs, antimetabolites, some cancer (chemotherapy) agents, bromocriptine, ergotamine, methotrexate, and cyclosporine.

Did you know?

The first oral chemotherapy drug for colon cancer was approved by FDA in 2001.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library