This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse working in a primary care office is caring for a young woman with a new diagnosis of ... (Read 68 times)

nenivikky

A nurse working in a primary care office is caring for a young woman with a new diagnosis of Syphilis. The young woman is horrified and asks the nurse if she has to tell anyone about the diagnosis.

How should the nurse respond?
  A. Absolutely not. This is your protected health information and I can't release any information unless you give me permission.
  B. I'll need to contact the local health department and they will likely contact your prior sexual partners to be screened as well.
  C. You should call your previous partners, but I can't force you to call anyone.
  D. None of the above

Question 2

A nurse working at a PHD received a phone call from a coworker who works on the labor and delivery floor at the local hospital. The coworker reports that they are seeing many more women and their children coming into the hospital with inadequate nutrition

They wish to partner with the PHD on a project that addresses this issue. Where should they begin?
  A. Perform a community and cultural assessment to understand the community in which they are working.
  B. Send a questionnaire to all of these women to see why they aren't utilizing Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) and other governmental services.
  C. Place flyers for the WIC program in local physician's office and the lobby of the hospital.
  D. Sign up all women who deliver at the hospital for home visits after discharge from the hospital so their home nutrition habits can be assessed.