This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which community-based programs resulted in equally favorable health risk changes for both con-trol ... (Read 12 times)

jon_i

Which community-based programs resulted in equally favorable health risk changes for both con-trol and treatment groups? (Select all that apply.)

a. Framingham Heart Study
  b. Stanford Five-City Heart Disease Preven-tion Program
  c. North Karelia Study
  d. Minnesota Heart Health Program
  e. Dutch Heart Health Community Interven-tion

Question 2

A nurse is performing interventions at the individual level of care. Which of the following is the nurse most likely completing? (Select all that apply.)

a. Teaching well-balanced nutrition to a mother with a malnourished child
  b. Providing a parent age-specific infor-mation for immunizations
  c. Assessing the community for other cases of malnutrition
  d. Assessing other families on the same street for similar problems
  e. Planning a social marketing campaign about seat belt safety

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

patma1981

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B, C, D, E
The Stanford Five-City Heart Disease Prevention Program, North Karelia Study, Minnesota Heart Health Program, and Dutch Heart Health Community Intervention provided beginning scientific evidence for the implementation of community-level risk reduction programs, although the results were modest and often not statistically significant. The Framingham Heart Study identified factors contributing to the development of CHD and high blood pressure.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A, B
Teaching well-balanced nutrition and age-specific information about immunizations are the only interventions that focus on individuals. The other examples relate to families and the community.

jon_i

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
Gracias!

dyrone

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

ACTH levels are normally highest in the early morning (between 6 and 8 A.M.) and lowest in the evening (between 6 and 11 P.M.). Therefore, a doctor who suspects abnormal levels looks for low ACTH in the morning and high ACTH in the evening.

Did you know?

A cataract is a clouding of the eyes' natural lens. As we age, some clouding of the lens may occur. The first sign of a cataract is usually blurry vision. Although glasses and other visual aids may at first help a person with cataracts, surgery may become inevitable. Cataract surgery is very successful in restoring vision, and it is the most frequently performed surgery in the United States.

Did you know?

If you could remove all of your skin, it would weigh up to 5 pounds.

Did you know?

The FDA recognizes 118 routes of administration.

Did you know?

The human body produces and destroys 15 million blood cells every second.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library