This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Monica is a 55-year-old woman who has recently experienced a colostomy for colon cancer. The nurse ... (Read 27 times)

CQXA

Monica is a 55-year-old woman who has recently experienced a colostomy for colon cancer. The nurse enters the room to check routine vital signs and sees tears in the eyes of Monica and her husband.

Which of the following statements by the nurse reflect an accurate understanding of family presence.
  1. I need to take Monica's vital signs. You (husband) can return when I am done.
  2. I'm so pleased you are recovering from your surgery.
  3. Has your surgeon talked with you about your future?
  4. I will give you some more time to be alone. Let me know if you have questions.

Question 2

Nurse presence can assist a nurse to achieve which of the following desired outcomes?

1. Hospital readmission of dependent patients
  2. An effective nurse-patient-family relationship
  3. Increased participation of family members
  4. Decrease in time spent communicating with families

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ASDFGJLO

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 4

Feedback
1 Routine vital signs can be postponed for a while.
2 This response does not acknowledge the husband.
3 Their current emotions take priority to the future.
4 Correct answer, because it shows willingness to answer questions and allow privacy.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 2

Feedback
1 Readmissions and dependency are not desired outcomes.
2 Relationship development is the foundation for effective nursing care.
3 Increased nursing presence may actually decrease family participation.
4 Decreasing time communicating with families is not the a goal of family-focused care.

CQXA

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

ebonylittles

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

More than 2,500 barbiturates have been synthesized. At the height of their popularity, about 50 were marketed for human use.

Did you know?

The use of salicylates dates back 2,500 years to Hippocrates's recommendation of willow bark (from which a salicylate is derived) as an aid to the pains of childbirth. However, overdosage of salicylates can harm body fluids, electrolytes, the CNS, the GI tract, the ears, the lungs, the blood, the liver, and the kidneys and cause coma or death.

Did you know?

The ratio of hydrogen atoms to oxygen in water (H2O) is 2:1.

Did you know?

Warfarin was developed as a consequence of the study of a strange bleeding disorder that suddenly occurred in cattle on the northern prairies of the United States in the early 1900s.

Did you know?

Addicts to opiates often avoid treatment because they are afraid of withdrawal. Though unpleasant, with proper management, withdrawal is rarely fatal and passes relatively quickly.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library