Author Question: An employee reports to the occupational health nurse with shortness of breath, dizziness, ... (Read 33 times)

CQXA

An employee reports to the occupational health nurse with shortness of breath, dizziness, palpitations, trembling, light-headedness, abdominal distress, numbness, and chest tightness.

She states, I feel like I am going crazy. In about 10 minutes, she is being back to normal. What nursing interventions should the nurse use?
  A) Reassure the employee that she will be fine
  B) Remind her that this is what happens when she worries
  C) Ask her what she thinks would make her feel better
  D) Calmly assess vital signs and give guidance and direction

Question 2

A young woman undergoes physical examination in a college health service that shows that she is in the 99th percentile for height, but her weight puts her substantially below the bottom 5 for weight

Her hair is dry and brittle, and she looks emaciated. She states, I am so fat. I have to lose some weight; that is why I am going out for sports. Plus, my dad and my boyfriend really like sports, and they both want me to be a jock. How will the nurse discuss her concerns with this patient?
  A) Develop a therapeutic relationship with her
  B) Ask her what and how much she ate today
  C) Discuss proper nutrition with her
  D) Tell her that she is underweight and it is ridiculous to think she is fat

leahchrapun

Answer to Question 1

D

Answer to Question 2

A