This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The school nurse has been seeing a 16-year-old pregnant teen in the clinic. A few weeks before the ... (Read 64 times)

Redwolflake15

The school nurse has been seeing a 16-year-old pregnant teen in the clinic. A few weeks before the baby is scheduled to arrive, the student asks the nurse which formula she should use. She says,

My cousin breast fed her baby and she said it was really easy but formula is better for the baby, right? The school nurse should reply
  A) bottle feeding is widely acknowledged as the more complete form of nutrition for infants.
  B) breast-fed infants have increased rates of diarrhea and ear infections.
  C) breast-feeding is beneficial to the health, growth, immunity, and development of the infant.
  D) bottle and breast-feeding have equal benefits and the choice is really the mother's preference.

Question 2

The nurse works in a school-based clinic. She has advised a 16-year-old teen who is 2 months pregnant to make an appointment with a certified nurse midwife or physician for prenatal care.

The student drops by the nurse's office after the visit and tells her I am eating better food and I quit smoking, but I am not taking those prenatal vitamins that she gave me. They are too hard to swallow. Following this discussion the nurse explains to the student that neural tube defects may be prevented by
  A) an adequate consumption of folic acid in the first trimester of pregnancy.
  B) adequate nutrition in the first trimester of pregnancy.
  C) taking vitamins in the first trimester of pregnancy.
  D) not smoking during pregnancy.