Author Question: A client tells the following story about the first time she met her home care nurse, who was her ... (Read 27 times)

Frost2351

A client tells the following story about the first time she met her home care nurse, who was her case manager for many years. From the first visit we really hit it off. I had just found out that I had multiple sclerosis and I started crying as soon as sh

She just sat there and held my hand and let me cry. Rodger's research calls this theme
  A) establishing a pact.
  B) talking and listening.
  C) building trust.
  D) giving back control.

Question 2

The nurse is assisting parents as they prepare to take their 3-year-old daughter home after chemotherapy treatment for leukemia. They also have a 2-month-old baby and a 5-year-old son.

The nurse asks them about family, friends, and community resources available to help them once they are home. She is working to achieve which of the following goals?
  A) Engage the family in assessing its level of functioning
  B) Determine the resources and services necessary to maximize quality of life
  C) Involve the family in identifying, exploring, and accessing available resources
  D) Act as an advocate or trouble shooter

tandmlomax84

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

C

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Patients should never assume they are being given the appropriate drugs. They should make sure they know which drugs are being prescribed, and always double-check that the drugs received match the prescription.

Did you know?

Though newer “smart” infusion pumps are increasingly becoming more sophisticated, they cannot prevent all programming and administration errors. Health care professionals that use smart infusion pumps must still practice the rights of medication administration and have other professionals double-check all high-risk infusions.

Did you know?

According to the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, more than 50 million Americans have some kind of food allergy. Food allergies affect between 4 and 6% of children, and 4% of adults, according to the CDC. The most common food allergies include shellfish, peanuts, walnuts, fish, eggs, milk, and soy.

Did you know?

All adverse reactions are commonly charted in red ink in the patient's record and usually are noted on the front of the chart. Failure to follow correct documentation procedures may result in malpractice lawsuits.

Did you know?

Despite claims by manufacturers, the supplement known as Ginkgo biloba was shown in a study of more than 3,000 participants to be ineffective in reducing development of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease in older people.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library