This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: MC The nurse is working with a client who had his testes surgically removed as part of treatment for ... (Read 12 times)

sabina

MC The nurse is working with a client who had his testes surgically removed as part of treatment for testicular cancer. The treatment had a profound impact on his self-image.

An important area of tertiary prevention for this client would be:
   A. Encouraging him to join a support group.
   B. Referring him to a marriage counselor.
   C. Hormone therapy.
   D. Antidepressant medications.

Question 2

MC A nurse is working with a group of elderly men in a community health clinic. Even though the nurse might need to discuss each of these statements, which statement should the nurse address first?

A. I know I can eat this fried chicken everyday because I exercise a lot.
   B. I cannot eat as much as I used to.
   C. My sleep patterns have changed.
   D. I have to turn the volume up on the television these days.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

hramirez205

Answer to Question 1

A. Encouraging him to join a support group.

Answer to Question 2

A. I know I can eat this fried chicken everyday because I exercise a lot.

Did you know?

Certain topical medications such as clotrimazole and betamethasone are not approved for use in children younger than 12 years of age. They must be used very cautiously, as directed by a doctor, to treat any child. Children have a much greater response to topical steroid medications.

Did you know?

Amphetamine poisoning can cause intravascular coagulation, circulatory collapse, rhabdomyolysis, ischemic colitis, acute psychosis, hyperthermia, respiratory distress syndrome, and pericarditis.

Did you know?

According to the CDC, approximately 31.7% of the U.S. population has high low-density lipoprotein (LDL) or "bad cholesterol" levels.

Did you know?

All adults should have their cholesterol levels checked once every 5 years. During 2009–2010, 69.4% of Americans age 20 and older reported having their cholesterol checked within the last five years.

Did you know?

Only one in 10 cancer deaths is caused by the primary tumor. The vast majority of cancer mortality is caused by cells breaking away from the main tumor and metastasizing to other parts of the body, such as the brain, bones, or liver.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library