Author Question: The mother was very upset and said to the nurse, My mother would never have allowed such behavior. I ... (Read 33 times)

APUS57

The mother was very upset and said to the nurse, My mother would never have allowed such behavior. I punish the baby for doing it, and she just does it again. What might the nurse conclude from this interaction?

A. A referral should be made to outside resources such as local day care centers.
  B. The child is having difficulty mastering appropriate social skills and may be developmentally delayed.
  C. The family needs assistance with growth and development education.
  D. The mother feels both her own mother's disapproval and her own feeling that she is a failure.
  E. The mother is a very harsh disciplinarian who should be reported to children's protective services.

Question 2

When the wife asked if the nurse would like a tour of the yard and her beautiful gardens, the nurse agreed immediately. Considering the limited time the nurse had to spend with the family, why did the nurse agree to tour gardens?

A. Accepting the invitation was the polite thing to do.
  B. Because the wife was proud of her gardening skills, the nurse did not wish to offend her.
  C. Examination of the environment may help identify potential health or safety problems.
  D. Touring the grounds was a nice change of pace for the overworked, stressed nurse.

dellikani2015

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C