Author Question: Upon which aspects of patient care within the hospital should an infection control nurse focus? ... (Read 23 times)

jhjkgdfhk

Upon which aspects of patient care within the hospital should an infection control nurse focus?

A. Operating rooms and the emergency department, where open wounds are frequent
  B. Patients with indwelling portals of entry, such as Hickman catheters
  C. The cleaning/maintenance persons, who must maintain high standards of cleanliness in the hospital
  D. Those patients admitted for a brief time to undergo outpatient surgery

Question 2

A man had a viral upper respiratory tract infection and demanded that the family nurse practitioner (FNP) write him a prescription for an antibiotic. The FNP gave the man both

verbal and written information about over-the-counter drugs to control symptoms. However, the patient insisted upon an antibiotic. What might the FNP reply?

A. Antibiotics won't be helpful in treating this, but they may allow bacteria that will be immune to antibiotics to develop, putting you at high risk for getting sicker.
  B. I'll write you a prescription for a special new research drug that works wonders with viral respiratory infections. Then the FNP writes a prescription for a placebo.
  C. I'm the expert. I'll decide when you need an antibiotic. And you do NOT need one.
  D. Of course; I always try to meet the needs of my clients. Which antibiotic do you find works best for you?

ErinKing

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A