Author Question: Which of the following groups is most at risk today for an outbreak of pneumococcal pneumonia? a. ... (Read 17 times)

Caiter2013

Which of the following groups is most at risk today for an outbreak of pneumococcal pneumonia?

a. Adolescents who have not yet received their booster shots
  b. Persons older than 65 who live in nursing homes and other extended-care facilities
  c. Elementary school children who have not been immunized
  d. Young adults who have never been exposed to the agent before

Question 2

A man had a viral upper respiratory tract infection and was seen by a family nurse practitioner (FNP). The FNP gave the man both verbal and written information about over-the-counter drugs to control symptoms.

However, the patient insisted upon a prescription for an antibiotic. Which of the following would be the most appropriate response from the FNP?
  a. Antibiotics won't be helpful in treating this infection, but they may allow bacteria that will be immune to antibiotics to develop, putting you at high risk for getting sicker.
  b. I'll write you a prescription for a special new research drug that works wonders with viral respiratory infections. Then the FNP writes a prescription for a placebo.
  c. I'm the expert. I'll decide when you need an antibiotic. And you do not need one.
  d. Of course; I always try to meet the needs of my clients. Which antibiotic do you find works best for you?

bitingbit

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A