This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The community health nurse is presenting sexuality education to a group of sixth grade students. The ... (Read 138 times)

dakota nelson

The community health nurse is presenting sexuality education to a group of sixth grade students. The community health nurse tells the students that they must never have unprotected sexual intercourse or they

will die from a sexually transmitted infection and displays pictures of people dying from AIDS. The nurse is using which change strategy?
  A) Normativereeducativ e
  B) Rationalempiric
  C) Powercoercive
  D) Planned change

Question 2

A client who needs to lose weight as part of an overall plan to become healthier has contracted with a nurse for behavior change.

The client is working on increasing fruits and vegetables in his or her diet and currently consumes less than one fruit or vegetable per day. The nurse knows that the client is in the unfreezing stage of change when the client stated:

A) I have been reading a lot about the healing powers of many fruits and vegetables. I never ate many fruits and vegetables as a child so I am not sure how to prepare them. Can you refer me to some sources of information?
  B) I have started to try one serving of fruits and one serving of vegetables at each meal. I am starting to discover some of my favorites.
  C) I still hate fruits and vegetables and I don't think I will be successful at integrating them into my diet.
  D) Today I ate a total of 10 servings of fruits and vegetables. I really do like them and I feel great