This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following statements by a parish nurse exhibits a lack of understanding of the concept ... (Read 19 times)

jake

Which of the following statements by a parish nurse exhibits a lack of understanding of the concept of pastoral care?

a. By working with my clients to help them identify their spiritual strengths, I am drawing on pastoral care aspects of practice.
  b. To incorporate pastoral care, I should involve the pastor in ministering to the members of the congregation.
  c. I use pastoral care when I emphasize the spiritual dimension of nursing when providing care.
  d. When I lend support to my clients during times of joy, as well as during their times of sorrow, this illustrates an important aspect of pastoral care.

Question 2

A parish nurse is using the institution-based model to plan care for a client with a chronic illness. Which of the following activities would the nurse most likely implement?

a. Bringing in family members to work with the client and nurse in decision making
  b. Partnering with outlying health care centers for coordinating optimal care
  c. Pulling from the collective strengths of faith-based community members for social support for the client
  d. Relying on congregational prayer as a component of healing

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Dominic

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B

jake

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
:D TYSM

frankwu0507

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Though methadone is often used to treat dependency on other opioids, the drug itself can be abused. Crushing or snorting methadone can achieve the opiate "rush" desired by addicts. Improper use such as these can lead to a dangerous dependency on methadone. This drug now accounts for nearly one-third of opioid-related deaths.

Did you know?

Medication errors are more common among seriously ill patients than with those with minor conditions.

Did you know?

About 60% of newborn infants in the United States are jaundiced; that is, they look yellow. Kernicterus is a form of brain damage caused by excessive jaundice. When babies begin to be affected by excessive jaundice and begin to have brain damage, they become excessively lethargic.

Did you know?

In the United States, an estimated 50 million unnecessary antibiotics are prescribed for viral respiratory infections.

Did you know?

More than 34,000 trademarked medication names and more than 10,000 generic medication names are in use in the United States.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library