Author Question: A woman and man who have come to the health clinic begin to argue loudly. You gave me an STD the man ... (Read 8 times)

mia

A woman and man who have come to the health clinic begin to argue loudly. You gave me an STD the man yells. The woman screams back, Not me. I don't have an STD

Which of the following statements would be most appropriate for the nurse to say to them? (Select all that apply.)
  a. Actually, you're very fortunate to have been tested so you and your partner can begin treatment before more serious damage is done.
  b. Some STDs may not have any symptoms, so you need to be tested for other conditions and treated if necessary.
  c. Sometimes the test is inaccurate, so before getting too upset, you should ask to be tested again.
  d. You may be able to get treatment from your pharmacist so you won't have to be embarrassed like this again.

Question 2

Which of the following groups should the occupational health nurse devote the most time to regarding education and follow-up evaluation?

a. New workers employed less than 1 year
  b. Older workers with chronic illnesses
  c. Older workers with diminished hearing
  d. Women in their childbearing years

tuate

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A, B, C

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A