Author Question: A client was clearly very relieved when an HIV test came back negative. Thank goodness. I've had sex ... (Read 15 times)

geodog55

A client was clearly very relieved when an HIV test came back negative. Thank goodness. I've had sex several times without a condom, and when one of my friends said he was sick, I think I panicked.

Which of the following would be most important to emphasize to the client immediately?
  a. Abstinence is the only way to be certain you are HIV-free.
  b. Sex should be restricted to one partner.
  c. The test could be wrong and the client might still have an HIV infection.
  d. The test would not cover any recent infection, so if the client has had recent unprotected sex, the test should be repeated in 3 months.

Question 2

Which of the following provides the best explanation as to why people do not immediately seek medical treatment when they first become ill with HIV?

a. They are afraid to get tested for fear results will be positive.
  b. They avoid the problem (maybe it will go away).
  c. They don't recognize their symptoms as possibly being due to HIV.
  d. It is too expensive to get an HIV test.

amynguyen1221

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C