This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A school health nurse presents a program on preventing teen pregnancy to a group of parents. ... (Read 174 times)

xclash

A school health nurse presents a program on preventing teen pregnancy to a group of parents. Following the presentation, which of the following comments by a parent would cause concern?

a. I do not know if my son is sexually active; however, I have decided I'm going to talk to him about it.
  b. My daughter is too intelligent to get involved with boys, even if her friends do sleep around.
  c. My daughter and I have often discussed sexuality, and when she's ready, I'll pay for her birth control pills.
  d. I have spoken to my son about birth control. He says he's not ready to be a father and support a baby. He wants to go to college.

Question 2

A nurse is providing care to a pregnant teenager. Which of the following principles is the most important for the nurse to consider when providing care?

a. All teen pregnancies are considered high-risk.
  b. Limited self-care knowledge can lead to pregnancy complications.
  c. Pregnant teens are likely to receive prenatal care late in the pregnancy.
  d. Pregnant teens may have limited financial resources to pay for care.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

cat123

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A

xclash

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

emsimon14

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Patients who have been on total parenteral nutrition for more than a few days may need to have foods gradually reintroduced to give the digestive tract time to start working again.

Did you know?

Dogs have been used in studies to detect various cancers in human subjects. They have been trained to sniff breath samples from humans that were collected by having them breathe into special tubes. These people included 55 lung cancer patients, 31 breast cancer patients, and 83 cancer-free patients. The dogs detected 54 of the 55 lung cancer patients as having cancer, detected 28 of the 31 breast cancer patients, and gave only three false-positive results (detecting cancer in people who didn't have it).

Did you know?

A cataract is a clouding of the eyes' natural lens. As we age, some clouding of the lens may occur. The first sign of a cataract is usually blurry vision. Although glasses and other visual aids may at first help a person with cataracts, surgery may become inevitable. Cataract surgery is very successful in restoring vision, and it is the most frequently performed surgery in the United States.

Did you know?

According to the CDC, approximately 31.7% of the U.S. population has high low-density lipoprotein (LDL) or "bad cholesterol" levels.

Did you know?

Elderly adults are living longer, and causes of death are shifting. At the same time, autopsy rates are at or near their lowest in history.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library