This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is meeting to discuss problems and solutions with a group of teenagers who have been newly ... (Read 23 times)

Jkov05

A nurse is meeting to discuss problems and solutions with a group of teenagers who have been newly diagnosed with diabetes.

One teenager states, My mom found this particular brand of popcorn that has only 15 carbohydrates in the whole giant bag. Which of the following best describes the group purpose that is being served by the teenager's statement?
  a. Maintenance function of encouraging everyone to continue the discussion
  b. Maintenance function of helping everyone feel comfortable talking about food
  c. Task function of resolving problems about what to nibble during movies
  d. Task function of sharing information and resources

Question 2

A nurse invited all the teenagers who were newly diagnosed with diabetes to a group meeting to discuss issues they all had in common.

One teenager replied, I don't know if I want to share all the problems I'm having with strangers. Which of the following is the best nurse response?
  a. Don't share anything with anyone until you're comfortable doing so.
  b. I can understand what you are saying.
  c. No one will require you to do anything you don't want to do.
  d. The purpose of the group is to have a safe place to share problems with others who may be having similar problems.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

aliotak

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D

Jkov05

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

tkempin

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Though Candida and Aspergillus species are the most common fungal pathogens causing invasive fungal disease in the immunocompromised, infections due to previously uncommon hyaline and dematiaceous filamentous fungi are occurring more often today. Rare fungal infections, once accurately diagnosed, may require surgical debridement, immunotherapy, and newer antifungals used singly or in combination with older antifungals, on a case-by-case basis.

Did you know?

The term pharmacology is derived from the Greek words pharmakon("claim, medicine, poison, or remedy") and logos ("study").

Did you know?

One way to reduce acid reflux is to lose two or three pounds. Most people lose weight in the belly area first when they increase exercise, meaning that heartburn can be reduced quickly by this method.

Did you know?

The shortest mature adult human of whom there is independent evidence was Gul Mohammed in India. In 1990, he was measured in New Delhi and stood 22.5 inches tall.

Did you know?

A headache when you wake up in the morning is indicative of sinusitis. Other symptoms of sinusitis can include fever, weakness, tiredness, a cough that may be more severe at night, and a runny nose or nasal congestion.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library