This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is advocating for the public health department to increase the number of public health ... (Read 36 times)

mp14

A nurse is advocating for the public health department to increase the number of public health nurses that it employs. Which of the following factors should the nurse emphasize?

a. Providing disease investigation training
  b. Providing research opportunities
  c. Providing leadership experiences
  d. Providing salaries commensurate with responsibilities

Question 2

A client states to the nurse, I have heard the Affordable Care Act is supposed to help improve the health care I receive, but so far I have seen no benefits from this legislation. Which of the following statements would be the best reply by the nurse?

a. Maybe you have not directly seen the changes; however, several things have changed in health care because of this bill.
  b. It will take years to see any effects from the act because of the delays in implementation of the changes.
  c. This legislation will primarily improve care for the elderly and poor populations, so this is why you may not have seen any benefits.
  d. The way health care operates at the federal and state levels has changed, so most individuals will not see any direct impact.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

14vl19

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A

mp14

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
Gracias!

bimper21

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Though methadone is often used to treat dependency on other opioids, the drug itself can be abused. Crushing or snorting methadone can achieve the opiate "rush" desired by addicts. Improper use such as these can lead to a dangerous dependency on methadone. This drug now accounts for nearly one-third of opioid-related deaths.

Did you know?

One way to reduce acid reflux is to lose two or three pounds. Most people lose weight in the belly area first when they increase exercise, meaning that heartburn can be reduced quickly by this method.

Did you know?

There are over 65,000 known species of protozoa. About 10,000 species are parasitic.

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

Did you know?

As the western states of America were settled, pioneers often had to drink rancid water from ponds and other sources. This often resulted in chronic diarrhea, causing many cases of dehydration and death that could have been avoided if clean water had been available.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library