This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse gives detailed information on how to apply for Medicaid to a new mother who moved to the ... (Read 4 times)

jerry coleman

A nurse gives detailed information on how to apply for Medicaid to a new mother who moved to the United States from Russia about 10 years ago.

The nurse's next client is an African-American mother of newborn twins who worked until the children were born. The nurse knows the woman is eligible to maintain her insurance after her employment was lost and does not discuss insurance options at all. Which of the following errors is being made by the nurse?
  a. Covert intentional prejudice
  b. Covert unintentional prejudice
  c. Overt intentional prejudice
  d. Overt unintentional prejudice

Question 2

A client is crying softly and saying, What did I do to deserve this punishment, Lord? Which of the following responses by the nurse would be the most appropriate?

a. God doesn't punish people. You're sick just because of bad luck.
  b. I can call the hospital chaplain to help you talk about these feelings
  c. What can I do to be helpful to you right now?
  d. Would you like to confess your sins and repent so this illness will go away?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

coreycathey

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
The nurse may have assumed that the African-American mother knew the available resources and could negotiate for assistance on her own and that the immigrant Russian woman had no experience negotiating government programs and thus needed the nurse to advocate for her and inform her of the programs available to her. The nurse, not knowing the health-seeking behaviors of either client, stereotyped both women and intentionally used her informational power to help one client while denying assistance to the other client.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C

jerry coleman

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

miss_1456@hotmail.com

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Human neurons are so small that they require a microscope in order to be seen. However, some neurons can be up to 3 feet long, such as those that extend from the spinal cord to the toes.

Did you know?

If all the neurons in the human body were lined up, they would stretch more than 600 miles.

Did you know?

When taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors, people should avoid a variety of foods, which include alcoholic beverages, bean curd, broad (fava) bean pods, cheese, fish, ginseng, protein extracts, meat, sauerkraut, shrimp paste, soups, and yeast.

Did you know?

Certain rare plants containing cyanide include apricot pits and a type of potato called cassava. Fortunately, only chronic or massive ingestion of any of these plants can lead to serious poisoning.

Did you know?

The eye muscles are the most active muscles in the whole body. The external muscles that move the eyes are the strongest muscles in the human body for the job they have to do. They are 100 times more powerful than they need to be.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library