This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following statements best describes how firearm injuries are different in rural areas ... (Read 21 times)

dbose

Which of the following statements best describes how firearm injuries are different in rural areas as compared with urban areas?

a. In rural areas, firearm deaths occur more frequently because of purposeful, rather than accidental, shooting.
  b. In rural areas, firearm injuries occur more frequently in the home.
  c. In rural areas, firearm injuries occur more frequently during official hunting season, whereas the frequency does not vary in urban areas.
  d. In rural areas, firearm injuries are more frequently fatal than in urban areas.

Question 2

The mother confided in the nurse, I don't think my child is improving. Which of the following statements would be the best response by the nurse?

a. My assessment shows your child is improving.
  b. The children seem to be playing with and accepting your child.
  c. The teacher reported to me that your child is doing much better.
  d. What is causing your concern?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

lgoldst9

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
In rural counties, nonfatal firearm injuries occur most often at home compared with urban counties, where injuries occur most often in the streets.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
Nurses should pay attention, particularly when parents intuitively whisper, Something is not right. A well-meaning health care provider may attempt to reassure a concerned mother. However, this kind of response may create silence and delay further questions by the parent. Rather than decrease parental concern, it may increase anxiety. The nurse can serve as an intermediary, working among the family and the health care team, to address parental concerns and client goals.

dbose

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

olderstudent

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

If all the neurons in the human body were lined up, they would stretch more than 600 miles.

Did you know?

Barbituric acid, the base material of barbiturates, was first synthesized in 1863 by Adolph von Bayer. His company later went on to synthesize aspirin for the first time, and Bayer aspirin is still a popular brand today.

Did you know?

If you could remove all of your skin, it would weigh up to 5 pounds.

Did you know?

The average adult has about 21 square feet of skin.

Did you know?

Medications that are definitely not safe to take when breastfeeding include radioactive drugs, antimetabolites, some cancer (chemotherapy) agents, bromocriptine, ergotamine, methotrexate, and cyclosporine.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library