This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following statements best describes how a family can meet the needs of society? a. ... (Read 55 times)

EAugust

Which of the following statements best describes how a family can meet the needs of society?

a. By living and existing in the wider community
  b. By meeting the needs of the individual family members
  c. Through procreation and socialization
  d. Through productivity seen in employment positions

Question 2

A woman said, I've never been retired before. I didn't plan it but it's OK. I'm still doing what I used to do otherwise; I go to church, make quilts for charity, and babysit my grandkids. Do you think I should be trying to find another job for a few year

Which of the following would be the most appropriate response by the nurse?
  a.
  For lots of people, retirement, even if unplanned, is much like life has always been.
  b.
  It's okay to slow down at your age; why look for problems?
  c.
  You really need to get out of your house more and be more active, even if you don't get paid at the position.
  d.
  Without a job, you really don't have an identity. Have you been to the unemployment office?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

nickk12214

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
The family fulfills two important purposes. The first is to meet the needs of society, and the second is to meet the needs of individual family members. The family meets the needs of society through procreation and socialization of family members.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
The continuity theory of aging suggests that a person continues through life in a similar fashion as in previous years. Because the woman stated she is doing what she has previously done, and has not suggested any particular problems other than concern that what she is doing is acceptable behavior, she should be supported. The statement that best supports her decision states that retirement life is much like life has always been. The other statements do not support her current satisfaction with her activities in her life.

EAugust

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

kthug

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Chronic marijuana use can damage the white blood cells and reduce the immune system's ability to respond to disease by as much as 40%. Without a strong immune system, the body is vulnerable to all kinds of degenerative and infectious diseases.

Did you know?

This year, an estimated 1.4 million Americans will have a new or recurrent heart attack.

Did you know?

A serious new warning has been established for pregnant women against taking ACE inhibitors during pregnancy. In the study, the risk of major birth defects in children whose mothers took ACE inhibitors during the first trimester was nearly three times higher than in children whose mothers didn't take ACE inhibitors. Physicians can prescribe alternative medications for pregnant women who have symptoms of high blood pressure.

Did you know?

The human body's pharmacokinetics are quite varied. Our hair holds onto drugs longer than our urine, blood, or saliva. For example, alcohol can be detected in the hair for up to 90 days after it was consumed. The same is true for marijuana, cocaine, ecstasy, heroin, methamphetamine, and nicotine.

Did you know?

There are actually 60 minerals, 16 vitamins, 12 essential amino acids, and three essential fatty acids that your body needs every day.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library