This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following best explains why anyone would ever experiment with an illegal substance? ... (Read 7 times)

jessicacav

Which of the following best explains why anyone would ever experiment with an illegal substance?

a. As a way of rebelling against parental authority
  b. Because it is forbidden
  c. For the thrill of itwithout getting caught
  d. Friends are encouraging it

Question 2

The new principal stopped the school nurse in the hall and said, I need to get oriented here. We seem to have a lot of handicapped children. Please make me a copy of their medical records so I can be prepared to meet with the parents if they come in.

The new principal stopped the school nurse in the hall and said, I need to get oriented here. We seem to have a lot of handicapped children. Please make me a copy of their medical records so I can be prepared to meet with the parents if they come in. Which of the following is the most appropriate response by the nurse?
  a.
  I'd be happy to help you get oriented to our students. I'll prepare a summary of our special students' needs and problems for you.
  b.
  I'm so happy to hear of your interest; I'll get those records to you immediately.
  c.
  I'm glad you're interested. Student health records are confidential, but I'll give you a schoolwide overview without any identifying data.
  d.
  Let me check our school board policies regarding sharing of information and get back to you.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Chou

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D
Users often describe a progression that began with initiation through social interactions. Particularly among adolescents and young adults, evidence suggests that substance use and abuse often occur in the context of social interactions. Thus, it is likely that friends are encouraging it. This response is more likely than experimentation because of getting a thrill, doing something that is forbidden, or a way to rebel against parental authority.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, a strong privacy protection act, protects student education records, including the health records. Student health records should be afforded the same level of confidentiality as that given to clients and patients in other settings.

jessicacav

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
Gracias!

scottmt

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Interferon was scarce and expensive until 1980, when the interferon gene was inserted into bacteria using recombinant DNA technology, allowing for mass cultivation and purification from bacterial cultures.

Did you know?

Pink eye is a term that refers to conjunctivitis, which is inflammation of the thin, clear membrane (conjunctiva) over the white part of the eye (sclera). It may be triggered by a virus, bacteria, or foreign body in the eye. Antibiotic eye drops alleviate bacterial conjunctivitis, and antihistamine allergy pills or eye drops help control allergic conjunctivitis symptoms.

Did you know?

Vital signs (blood pressure, temperature, pulse rate, respiration rate) should be taken before any drug administration. Patients should be informed not to use tobacco or caffeine at least 30 minutes before their appointment.

Did you know?

Adults are resistant to the bacterium that causes Botulism. These bacteria thrive in honey – therefore, honey should never be given to infants since their immune systems are not yet resistant.

Did you know?

Signs of depression include feeling sad most of the time for 2 weeks or longer; loss of interest in things normally enjoyed; lack of energy; sleep and appetite disturbances; weight changes; feelings of hopelessness, helplessness, or worthlessness; an inability to make decisions; and thoughts of death and suicide.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library