This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following is one of the biggest threats faced by developing countries that are trying ... (Read 16 times)

tatyanajohnson

Which of the following is one of the biggest threats faced by developing countries that are trying to grow economically and make a better life for their citizens?

a. Lack of education and knowledge
  b. Political unrest
  c. Environmental hazards
  d. Large population

Question 2

A patient had wrapped a tummy band around her newborn's abdomen. What should the nurse say to the new mother?

a. Can you explain to me the purpose of wrapping a band around the baby's tummy?
  b. In the hospital, we prefer to expose the umbilical cord to air so it's easier to put medication on it as it dries up.
  c. Let me put some medication on the baby's cord, and then I'll put the tummy band back.
  d. Please remove that band; it is not helpful as the umbilical cord needs to be kept clean and dry.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

vboyd24

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D
Large populations create pressure. In developing countries, famine, trade problems, and war may occur. Malnutrition, disease, or death may result. The poor suffer excess mortality and morbidity. Quality of life is less. Overcrowding leads to pollution, stress, disease, and violence. Each of these challenges represents a major barrier to economic growth. Thus, the large population can cause there to be problems with lack of education, political unrest, and environmental hazards.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
Unless a particular action is harmful, the nurse should engage in culture care preservation and maintenance. Before acting, it is helpful to know why the mother is engaging in this behavior. If the mother responds, I'm not sure; it's just always been done, the nurse can educate the mother on how to care for the cord. If the mother appears to believe the tummy band is very important, the nurse can cooperate with the behavior, because tummy bands will not hurt the baby.

tatyanajohnson

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Joy Chen

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

As many as 20% of Americans have been infected by the fungus known as Histoplasmosis. While most people are asymptomatic or only have slight symptoms, infection can progress to a rapid and potentially fatal superinfection.

Did you know?

ACTH levels are normally highest in the early morning (between 6 and 8 A.M.) and lowest in the evening (between 6 and 11 P.M.). Therefore, a doctor who suspects abnormal levels looks for low ACTH in the morning and high ACTH in the evening.

Did you know?

A strange skin disease referred to as Morgellons has occurred in the southern United States and in California. Symptoms include slowly healing sores, joint pain, persistent fatigue, and a sensation of things crawling through the skin. Another symptom is strange-looking, threadlike extrusions coming out of the skin.

Did you know?

The strongest synthetic topical retinoid drug available, tazarotene, is used to treat sun-damaged skin, acne, and psoriasis.

Did you know?

Bacteria have flourished on the earth for over three billion years. They were the first life forms on the planet.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library