Author Question: Which of the following statements about rules of debate on legislation is true? I. In the House, any ... (Read 124 times)

pragya sharda

Which of the following statements about rules of debate on legislation is true? I. In the House, any member who wishes to speak about a particular issue is given a specific amount of time to talk by the Speaker. II. In the House, once debate is closed, final conversation can occur in a specific amount of time before the vote is called. III. In the Senate, a member may keep discussing a bill after debate is closed to keep it from coming up for a vote. IV. Three-fifths of the Senate must vote to decide to close debate for a legislative matter.

a. Statements I, II, and III
   b. Statements II and III
  c. Statements I and II
  d. Statements I, III, and IV

Question 2

Which of the following is false about the Rules Committee?

a. There is a Rules Committee in the Senate.
  b. There is a Rules Committee in the House of Representatives.
  c. The Rules Committee decides whether and when a bill comes up for a full vote.
   d. The Rules Committee decides on the conditions for debate of the bill.

bassamabas

Answer to Question 1

d

Answer to Question 2

a

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Patients who have been on total parenteral nutrition for more than a few days may need to have foods gradually reintroduced to give the digestive tract time to start working again.

Did you know?

In the United States, there is a birth every 8 seconds, according to the U.S. Census Bureau's Population Clock.

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has released reports detailing the deaths of infants (younger than 1 year of age) who died after being given cold and cough medications. This underscores the importance of educating parents that children younger than 2 years of age should never be given over-the-counter cold and cough medications without consulting their physicians.

Did you know?

About one in five American adults and teenagers have had a genital herpes infection—and most of them don't know it. People with genital herpes have at least twice the risk of becoming infected with HIV if exposed to it than those people who do not have genital herpes.

Did you know?

Coca-Cola originally used coca leaves and caffeine from the African kola nut. It was advertised as a therapeutic agent and "pickerupper." Eventually, its formulation was changed, and the coca leaves were removed because of the effects of regulation on cocaine-related products.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library