Author Question: Which of the following statements about rules of debate on legislation is true? I. In the House, any ... (Read 123 times)

pragya sharda

Which of the following statements about rules of debate on legislation is true? I. In the House, any member who wishes to speak about a particular issue is given a specific amount of time to talk by the Speaker. II. In the House, once debate is closed, final conversation can occur in a specific amount of time before the vote is called. III. In the Senate, a member may keep discussing a bill after debate is closed to keep it from coming up for a vote. IV. Three-fifths of the Senate must vote to decide to close debate for a legislative matter.

a. Statements I, II, and III
   b. Statements II and III
  c. Statements I and II
  d. Statements I, III, and IV

Question 2

Which of the following is false about the Rules Committee?

a. There is a Rules Committee in the Senate.
  b. There is a Rules Committee in the House of Representatives.
  c. The Rules Committee decides whether and when a bill comes up for a full vote.
   d. The Rules Committee decides on the conditions for debate of the bill.

bassamabas

Answer to Question 1

d

Answer to Question 2

a