Author Question: Can someone help me with this Java question? (Read 983 times)

natalie2426

I recently started my high school AP Computer Science. One of our homework assignments is: "Give the Java code for an object of class Rectangle and for an object variable of class Rectangle". I know how to use the Rectangle class and I know about objects but I'm confused about what the question is asking. Is it asking for the constructor of a Rectangle or something else. I'm especially confused by what they mean by object variable.

abarnes

I think they are asking for a class and just a variable declaration:

public class Rectangle {  ... }

vs.

Rectangle myRect;

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

The cure for trichomoniasis is easy as long as the patient does not drink alcoholic beverages for 24 hours. Just a single dose of medication is needed to rid the body of the disease. However, without proper precautions, an individual may contract the disease repeatedly. In fact, most people develop trichomoniasis again within three months of their last treatment.

Did you know?

Hyperthyroidism leads to an increased rate of metabolism and affects about 1% of women but only 0.1% of men. For most people, this increased metabolic rate causes the thyroid gland to become enlarged (known as a goiter).

Did you know?

Adults are resistant to the bacterium that causes Botulism. These bacteria thrive in honey – therefore, honey should never be given to infants since their immune systems are not yet resistant.

Did you know?

Multiple experimental evidences have confirmed that at the molecular level, cancer is caused by lesions in cellular DNA.

Did you know?

Patients should never assume they are being given the appropriate drugs. They should make sure they know which drugs are being prescribed, and always double-check that the drugs received match the prescription.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library