This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: In a social survey conducted in 2000, Americans were given five characteristics of freedom and asked ... (Read 33 times)

ENagel

In a social survey conducted in 2000, Americans were given five characteristics of freedom and asked to rank the importance of each one. Which characteristic did participants identify as the most important thing about freedom?

a. being able to express unpopular ideas without fearing for my safety
  b. having the power to choose and do what I want in life
  c. having a government that doesn't spy on me or interfere in my life
  d. being left alone to do what I want
  e. the right to participate in politics and elections

Question 2

Describe the meaning and purpose of the Thirteenth Amendment.

What will be an ideal response?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Tonny

Answer to Question 1

b

Answer to Question 2

An ideal response will:
1, Explain that the Thirteenth Amendment abolished slavery.
2, Discuss how the Civil War divided the nation over the issue of slavery and that it was abolished in 1865.

ENagel

Reply 2 on: Jul 10, 2018
Gracias!

fatboyy09

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

More than 2,500 barbiturates have been synthesized. At the height of their popularity, about 50 were marketed for human use.

Did you know?

All adverse reactions are commonly charted in red ink in the patient's record and usually are noted on the front of the chart. Failure to follow correct documentation procedures may result in malpractice lawsuits.

Did you know?

Atropine was named after the Greek goddess Atropos, the oldest and ugliest of the three sisters known as the Fates, who controlled the destiny of men.

Did you know?

Always store hazardous household chemicals in their original containers out of reach of children. These include bleach, paint, strippers and products containing turpentine, garden chemicals, oven cleaners, fondue fuels, nail polish, and nail polish remover.

Did you know?

Oliver Wendell Holmes is credited with introducing the words "anesthesia" and "anesthetic" into the English language in 1846.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library