This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: One important result of China's one child policy has been: a. The skewing of the sex ratio in ... (Read 31 times)

fbq8i

One important result of China's one child policy has been:

a. The skewing of the sex ratio in favor of boys.
  b. The skewing of the sex ratio in favor of girls.
  c. An increase in the speed with which people have migrated from rural to urban areas.
  d. A new emphasis on increasing the population in rural areas relative to urban areas.
  e. The total population of China has decreased slightly over the past 10 years.

Question 2

A critical problem for indigenous people has been that as world population increases:

a. The percentage of the world composed of indigenous people decreases.
  b. Indigenous people are less able to make their voices heard in local and regional governments.
  c. There is increased pressure on them to increase their family size and this often destabilizes their production system.
  d. Land shortages have resulted in changes to traditional practices or, sometimes, the virtual disappearance of traditional livelihoods.
  e. The problems of indigenous people matter less and less to others.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

enass

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

D

fbq8i

Reply 2 on: Jul 10, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

jordangronback

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

There are more sensory neurons in the tongue than in any other part of the body.

Did you know?

There are immediate benefits of chiropractic adjustments that are visible via magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). It shows that spinal manipulation therapy is effective in decreasing pain and increasing the gaps between the vertebrae, reducing pressure that leads to pain.

Did you know?

Though the United States has largely rejected the metric system, it is used for currency, as in 100 pennies = 1 dollar. Previously, the British currency system was used, with measurements such as 12 pence to the shilling, and 20 shillings to the pound.

Did you know?

Hyperthyroidism leads to an increased rate of metabolism and affects about 1% of women but only 0.1% of men. For most people, this increased metabolic rate causes the thyroid gland to become enlarged (known as a goiter).

Did you know?

Bacteria have been found alive in a lake buried one half mile under ice in Antarctica.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library