This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: What result from Bourhis' (1985) study indicated a change from previous studies on language ... (Read 9 times)

laurencescou

What result from Bourhis' (1985) study indicated a change from previous studies on language attitudes in Canada?

A Anglophones had better attitudes toward English than they had in the past.
  B Anglophones had more negative attitudes toward French than they had in the past.
  C Francophones had better attitudes toward French than they had in the past.
  D Francophones had more negative attitudes toward French than they had in the past.
  E Both anglophones and francophones had more positive attitudes toward English than they had in the past.

Question 2

Examine the following sentence: I'm sorry to ask you this, but could you help for just a moment? This sentence is an example of the speaker using a ___________ strategy.

A bald on-record
  B positive politeness
  C neutral politeness
  D negative politeness
  E off-record

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Madisongo23

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

D

laurencescou

Reply 2 on: Jul 10, 2018
Gracias!

steff9894

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

There are over 65,000 known species of protozoa. About 10,000 species are parasitic.

Did you know?

Thyroid conditions may make getting pregnant impossible.

Did you know?

Street names for barbiturates include reds, red devils, yellow jackets, blue heavens, Christmas trees, and rainbows. They are commonly referred to as downers.

Did you know?

Cytomegalovirus affects nearly the same amount of newborns every year as Down syndrome.

Did you know?

Despite claims by manufacturers, the supplement known as Ginkgo biloba was shown in a study of more than 3,000 participants to be ineffective in reducing development of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease in older people.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library