This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: You have a choice between a lottery lump sum payout of 5,975,191.24 today or a series of twenty ... (Read 42 times)

Chelseaamend

You have a choice between a lottery lump sum payout of 5,975,191.24 today or a series of twenty annual annuity payments of 500,000 each (first cash flow one year from today). At what discount rate are you indifferent between the two choices?

A) 4.50
  B) 5.50
  C) 6.50
  D) 7.50

Question 2

You have a choice between a lottery lump sum payout of 10,000,000 today or a series of twenty-five annual annuity payments (first payment one year from today).

At a discount rate of 6.50, how large must the annual annuity payments be to make you indifferent between the two choices?
  A) 819,814.81
  B) 873,102.77
  C) 769,779.17
  D) 400,000.00

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

dudman123

Answer to Question 1

Answer: B
Explanation: B) This is an iterative process (trial and error). Solve using the RATE function in Excel.
MODE = END
INPUT 20 ? -5,975,191.24 500,000 0
KEY N I/Y PV PMT FV
CPT 5.50

Answer to Question 2

Answer: A
Explanation: A)
PMT = PV / = 10,000,000/ = 819,814.81.
MODE = END
INPUT 25 6.5 10,000,000 ? 0
KEY N I/Y PV PMT FV
CPT 819,814.81

Chelseaamend

Reply 2 on: Jul 10, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

deja

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Thyroid conditions may make getting pregnant impossible.

Did you know?

Pregnant women usually experience a heightened sense of smell beginning late in the first trimester. Some experts call this the body's way of protecting a pregnant woman from foods that are unsafe for the fetus.

Did you know?

The term bacteria was devised in the 19th century by German biologist Ferdinand Cohn. He based it on the Greek word "bakterion" meaning a small rod or staff. Cohn is considered to be the father of modern bacteriology.

Did you know?

Computer programs are available that crosscheck a new drug's possible trade name with all other trade names currently available. These programs detect dangerous similarities between names and alert the manufacturer of the drug.

Did you know?

Over time, chronic hepatitis B virus and hepatitis C virus infections can progress to advanced liver disease, liver failure, and hepatocellular carcinoma. Unlike other forms, more than 80% of hepatitis C infections become chronic and lead to liver disease. When combined with hepatitis B, hepatitis C now accounts for 75% percent of all cases of liver disease around the world. Liver failure caused by hepatitis C is now leading cause of liver transplants in the United States.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library